Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall is in the air and on the mantel

Happy Monday friends!
Hope you all had a lovely weekend!
I have lots to share about ours, including an adventure with some friends to see Les Miserables on Friday night,
but first,
it's that time again:


Will any of you be joining these partays?
Can't wait to be inspired by other's creativity.

Since Layla's mantel party is tomorrow, I'm sharing mine today:


I spent zip, zero, zilch on this mantel, which makes me love it all the more.



black vase, florals + berries, pumpkins= all from hob lob in years past


black mirror from Kirklands is back after a short hiatus in the master bedroom,
large 'M' is from Jo-Ann's,
and the felt circle garland is something I whipped up Saturday morn-

I grabbed these supplies that I already had on hand:


wool felt in fall-ish shades (from hob lob),
pumpkin & white twine,
great big needle,
scissors

I free-handed several circles out of each color-


and strung them together with the twine-


and that was all she wrote.


Done.


Here's a quick reminder of what the mantel looked like
before:


Did you notice something else missing?
Besides that orange ball peeking out from underneath those logs?
Those logs that are just posers in that fake fireplace?


That's right.
Fake.
Total fakeness going on.
I removed the logs and hideous gold log holders because,
quite honestly,
I have no idea why I kept them there so long in the first place.
It was rank-nasty underneath that stack of wood, so good riddance is what Ima sayin'.
You with me?

I'm thinking that new, open space down thar would look fabulous with some pumpkins or a stack of vintage suitcases.
Yes, two completely different looks.
I know.

Of course, it means we'll no longer get to enjoy this:


but it also means no one's gettin' an eye poked out with those pointy gold hazardous could-probably-be-used-as-a-weapon log holders.

They're up for grabs now, along with Mr. Shower Bear.
Any takers?

p.s.- I'll be back later today to share something super exciting that's taking place this Saturday. It may be the reason that I've been craftin' off my bootay lately.
squee!

********************

I've linked this to:

The Lettered Cottage

Made by You Monday at Skip to my Lou,
Met Monday at Between Naps on the Porch,
Craftomaniac Monday at Craftomaniac,
Mad in Crafts Mad Skills Party,
Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff,
Tutorials and Tips at Home Stories A 2 Z,
Anything Goes at Type A Decorating,
Tip Junkie handmade projects

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...