Friday, December 14, 2012

Flashback Friday

It's Friday. We made it. All of us. That's cause for celebration and a new installment of flashback Friday.

It was 1992. My mum, seester, and I went to Disney World for the first time with a group from church. I celebrated my 12th birthday in the most magical place on earth. I also celebrated big hair and glasses, long skinny bird legs, and no boobs. Poor 12 year old MK- already 5'6 in the 6th grade and wearing size 8 shoes. And no boobs.

Let's take a look back via poorly scanned photos, shall we?


I must admit that seester and I are looking pretty good with Mr. Hot Pants/Fanny pack stranger over there on the left.

Oh.
And big bows.
Let's not forget the big bows.
Or the fact that I waited impatiently for the Sheriff to sign my autograph book while some little 4 year old took her sweet precious time. 


Good heavens at the length of those shorts.
(Mine, not Mickey's.)


Pretty sure I pushed those kids out of the way to get to Hook first.


That's an actor at MGM (now Hollywood Studios) on the bench next to me. This was and still is my fave Disney park because of all the movie memorabilia. I'll never forget walking into a store that sold clothing and props from movies- I looked through piece after piece and found a pair of pants worn by Marlon Brando in Guys and Dolls. I unzipped the hanger bag and touched the pants. I touched a piece of film history that Marlon Brando once wore on. his. body. I'm pretty sure that shop no longer exists because I didn't see it when we were there, but I'll never forget touching those pants.


So there ya have it- more awkward pics of me as a pre-teen.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend! Ours is packed full of Christmasy events that all center around a meal.
Color me excited.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...