Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How to have a girly vintage Barbie party

Happy Tuesday friends!
I hope all of you had a wonderful and safe 4th of July!
The Mathews slept late, had lunch with family, did a lil' swimmin, ate some rockin homemade ice cream, came home and grilled out again with more friends and family.
Despite the fact that E got stung by a wasp while we were swimming, we all had a seriously awesome day celebrating our country's birthday!

I wanted to share some of the details from each of the girls' party themes with you starting with Eliza's Barbie/shoe party. Eliza LOVES her Barbie's and I love love LOVE that she loves her Barbies. I can already tell at the ripe old age of TWO that she's going to be a Barbie girl. She also loves shoes- ALL shoes. She wears her daddy's shoes, her brother's shoes, my shoes and anyone who steps foot in our house with shoes on doesn't keep those shoes on for long.

"I wear those shoes", she says.
And the wearer will, naturally, take their shoes off and watch her strut away,
wearing their shoes.

Here's what Eliza's table looked like-


You know I'm all about using what I already have on hand-
so that's exactly what I did.
Here's the deets-

1. The tall black vase (that used to live on the mantel) and the pink roses (which were purchased for E's party last year) are both from hob lob
2. The pink cupcake stands were actually in the Easter section of Target and I purchased them for 75% off after Easter this year.
**(They were literally pennies a piece- and this is a GREAT TIP for ya-
shop those post-holiday sales for items that don't necessarily scream that specific holiday. You never know what you can find that will work for a non-holiday specific party.
In this case- those hot pink cardboard cupcake holders that were intended to be used during Easter, worked out great for a Barbie party.)
3. The black frame was one I had on hand and the 'Barbie' diecut (as well as the Barbie silhouette's used on the table) are from THIS etsy seller.

4. Fabulous little-girl-who-loves-to-wear-her-mama's-heels book found HERE,
on a metal stand from hob lob
5. Black shoe box under the book is actually the box my wedding shoes came in
6. small white vases from Willow House, pretty pink peonies from Michael's


7. Large white memo board from hob lob- purchased at 66% off because it has a small crack which was fine.by.me.
8. Black vintage Barbie silhouette from THIS etsy seller

9. Small white ceramic pitcher usually lives in my dining room hutch. I purchased it about a year ago for $5 at TJMaxx
10. Gray/white and pink/white striped straws are from THIS etsy shop
11. black/white checked tablecloth is actually just a 5-yard long piece of fabric I've had for several years. I've used it multiple times as a table covering for different events and will probably never cut it for this reason.


12. small frame in the back is one I've had for years and actually used to be gold. Nothing a little spray paint couldn't handle
13. black frame in front is another that I bought years ago from hob lob. The silhouette of the little girl is one I cut myself using my cricut and the Child's Year cartridge
(which I purchased off of ebay for less than half of retail price)
I picked some pink scrapbook paper from my stash and that was all she wrote.


14. I had intended to use this frame (from hob lob) with shoe silhouette's (from THIS etsy shop) on the table, but swapped it for the cute book instead.
 Again- all I did was pick 2 shoes from the several that came in a package, cut some scrapbook paper to fit, and popped it all into a frame.

Done.
(and aren't those shoes great? I had planned to attach some of them to toothpicks to act as cupcake toppers but never got around to it. I have no doubt I'll find other uses for them though.)


15. This Hallmark ornament also lives in my dining room hutch and was the perfect addition to the table.


16. hot pink/houndstooth plates and napkins were purchased at the hob lob, along with these...

"True love comes in pairs"
Perfect.

And there ya have it-


Pink strawberry cupcakes (courtesy of my Aunt Cindy) and some cream puffs finished off Eliza's Barbie table


And,
just in case you missed THIS POST,
I made a dress for E to wear
I found the pattern in THIS cute book full of great ideas for what to do with designer fat quarters.
I actually purchased both of the fabrics I used in the dress at our local Hancock and am currently looking for something else to make with that crazy-cute Barbie fabric since I bought 2 yards of it.
(a top for myself, perhaps...?)

I must say, E looked absolutely smashing in her party dress.

I'll be back tomorrow with details on MM's Very Hungry Caterpillar party.
We're off to swimming lessons and then will *hopefully* begin ripping out the current flooring in our kitchen.
If any of you out there would like some busted-up ceramic tile, OR any of the multiple layers of linoleum underneath, just let me know.
We're about to have quite a load of it up for grabs...

linked to:
Tutorials and Tips at Home Stories A 2 Z
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Craftomaniac Monday at Craftomaniac
Creative Me Monday at The Southern Institute
Anything Related at All Thingz Related,
Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts,
Weekend Wrap-up at Tatertots and Jello,
Friday Flair at Whipperberry,
Saturday Spotlight at Green Door Designs,

Tip Junkie handmade projects





Visit thecsiproject.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...