Monday, January 23, 2012

every potty has a pooper, that's why we invited you

She did it.
That's right.
Number two in the loo.
We danced, we celebrated,

and then we promptly sent the boys off to a hockey game while we girls went in search of a new Barbie.
Because my friends, that little gal had been a'holdin her poo IN, so not only did we have cause to celebrate over the fact that she'd done it in the potty, but we were celebrating the fact that she'd actually done it at ALL.

I love the look of pure astonishment that Toys R Us can cause.
Those aisles of stocked shelves can be overwhelming, not just to wee ones, but to the parents of the wee ones as well.

My kiddos each received gift cards to this most magical place, so we have Aunt Cindy to thank for this loot:

E picked a purple-haired Barbie, a half-dozen fake cupcakes for her kitchen, and a ballet tutu. MM is holding a new Minnie cell phone (because one can never have too many) and a mini Cabbage Patch in a lion costume.
Oh the happiness.


I must add that before leaving for the toy store, I too had to use the potty. After hearing me tee, Eliza patted my shoulder, told me, "Good Job Mommy! You want a new Barbie?" Can you even handle the sweetness of that? I told her that I just wanted HER to pick a new Barbie, but seeing as how proud she was of me, I think I'm at least entitled to a new pair of shoes.
Yes?

Moving on...

Muh boys enjoyed some UA hockey while we were perusin' the aisles.
Isn't my little man cute up there with his daddy's friends?



So glad they could do something manly while we were gettin' our girl-time on.


I made a lil' somethin somethin while I waited on the menfolk to get home.
It probably weighs in at a gajillion calories but it tasted so good, I didn't even care. It's another crockpot recipe I stumbled upon at school on Friday and friends, sometimes words can't describe the pure goodness of how something tastes.
This is one of those times.

Bananas Foster via slow-cooker:
1/2 C melted butter
1/4 C brown sugar (packed)
1/4 C rum (or 1/4 C rum extract)
5-6 bananas cut on the diagonal

Mix up those first 3 in your slow-cooker, toss in the bananas, and simmer on low for an hour. Since I was making this for one, I did about a fourth of what's called for and only waited for half an hour. Turns out, that actually worked, and consequently, sent me straight into a sugar-induced coma.
I kid.
But seriously-
it was gooooood.

(Subject change)

O lost his 2nd tooth this week.
Check out this snaggley cuteness:


and here's a look at all 3 coloring a birthday card for my Dad.
Happy Birthday Pops!
We love you!


Also tried out a couple more recipes from my board.
For supper Saturday night, we had chicken taco chili-
this pretty much required me to open several cans, dump the contents into my crockpot, put a few chicken breasts on top, and then go and play with my kiddos for 4 hours. About 30 minutes before we were ready to eat, I shredded the chicken with a couple of forks and bada-bing, bada-boom.
Dinner was served.
This one gets an A-plusssss because my kids ate it too.
Thanks again Pinterest.








For Dessert, I made this yumminess:


Sopapilla cheesecake?
Made with crescent rolls?
So easy to put together a 3-year old can do it?
Yes.
Oh heavens yes.
Sheesh was it good.

That's all for today, but I do want to thank God for keeping us safe last night/this morning. Alabama had some rather nasty weather and I truly hope that none of you reading this were affected. Havea safe day my friends!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...