Monday, August 8, 2011

how to make an easy-shmeezy pillow cover

Happy Monday friends! Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!
I'm finally getting around to posting  a tutorial for the pillow covers I made for our playroom sofa a few weeks back, and since I didn't take pictures while I was making those, I thought I'd demonstrate with the lovely black and white chevron ones that I made for a recent giveaway.

(I'll be making 18" x 18" pillow covers, FYI, so this will have to be tweaked a bit for other sizes)

1. Start with a piece of fabric that's 19"x 42" Fold over the ends of each side one-half inch to an inch, and press-
which will look like this:


2. Sew these edges down to make them secure-


3. Place the fabric face up on your work surface-


and fold one half over about 12" inches-


Now fold the other side over until it measures 18" all the way across-


4. Pin all the way down both sides-


5. Stitch a 1/2" seam down both sides


6. Flip right-side-out, and you are D-O-N-E

I was, of course, making two at the same time-


nope, make that 3...

Still working on changing up our master bedroom, so this one will live in there.

Now wasn't that the easiest pillow cover EVAH?
Let me know if any of you whip these up yourself- I'd love to see pics.

As for the chevrons-
they're headed to the giveaway winner, all gussied up in some pretty wrapping...

I'll be back soon with a doozy of a kitchen update.
We are now sinkless,
and dishwasher-less.
Picture me rinsing out spaghettios in the tub...

I kid.

Have a wonderful Monday!

I've linked this post with:
Tutorials and Tips at Home Stories A 2 Z,
Weekend Wrap Up at Tatertots and Jello,
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...