Monday, December 5, 2011

The halls are minimally decked

That's right.
minimal.
I'm taking a somewhat minimal approach to my Christmas decor this year.
I haven't even unpacked a single red/green Christmas tub.
no.not.one.


So why the minimalist approach?

Well, I'll tell ya-

I think it's the tree.

You see, I've never had a real one before, and it's just so pretty that I didn't want to load it up with all of the hulabaloo I used last year on the faux.
Does that make sense?
I'm really just enjoying the lovliness of it, and my desire to keep the tree decor minimal has spread to the rest of my house as well. There's still plenty of Christmas cheer spread about, just in smaller doses, and until this rain subsides and I get some decent pictures of it all, I'm throwing a few iphone pics up to give you a sneak peek at what's happenings at the Mathews.


I totally threw another book page project in the mix. Last week's post can now be titled, "5 reasons to tear up a thrift store book".


The hubs, not wanting to be outdone, took it upon himself to put a lil' decor in the man cave. I discovered him 'decorating' after hearing the staple gun.

yes.

staple gun.

sheesh.


He also took to the roof with his staple gun. Stay tuned to see what it says this year...

p.s. Here's a reminder of what it looked like last year

**I'll be back soon with a full decor post. Until then, I'll be working on a few last minute projects before heading out to this year's Dickens Downtown. I'd love to see all of you locals there! Let's all pray this rain goes away before tonight!**





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...