Wednesday, November 28, 2012

a story of vomit and the most magical place on earth

Let me begin by saying that my booty is currently sitting on a bed in the Disney All Star Movies resort and I'm super happy about that. Let me also tell you that my booty almost didn't make it to the Disney All Star Movies resort. The following is a tale of sickness, heartache, and yes...vomit

It began Sunday morning. Our sweet MM was up at 2 am and 4 am throwing up as a result of what we assumed to be gagging on her own snot. She has an extremely sensitive gag reflex. It's happened multiple times. It stinks, literally and figuratively, because it makes a mess and we end up changing crib sheets over and over (which is a pain in itself, am I right?), but after cleaning her and the bed up twice we decided to stay home from church so I could finish the multiple loads of laundry I needed to finish to pack our bags. For Disney. Because our flight leaves on Tuesday at 4:10 pm.

Sunday afternoon I did 6 loads of laundry and pretty much nothing else.

Monday morning, 6 am, MM throws up. Again. Again, we assume it's snot. She never complains of a stomach ache and never acts like she doesn't feel well.

Again, we wash and change the crib sheets. And the bumper. For the 3rd time in 2 days.

Oliver and I went to school Monday. I made lists and checked my lists and re-wrote my lists 4 times of what I needed to pack in everyone's suitcase and carry on. In an effort to get out of my hair and 'let me do mah thing', Hubs decides to take the kids to his mom's for supper so that I can pack with no distractions. Right before they leave the house, at 6 pm, Oliver throws up.

Dang it.

We're now less than 24 hours from take off.

Hubs says that it's probably nerves because O told him several kids at school were talking about flying for the first time and how some people get sick from flying, and well....that must be it. He's nervous about the trip. And singing in Disney. Yup, must be it.

He vomits once. Feels better. Gets to Hubs parents house. Vomits 5 more times.




Maybe it's oh no I can't say it yes I can maybe just maybe it's a.....bug.

Hubs has to wait for a break between vomits to load all 3 kids into the car and head home. Awesome. They get back around 10 pm. O gets anti-vomit meds and goes to bed.

Promptly at 10:45 pm, I begin vomiting.

Awesome. A mere 15 hours before we have to leave for the airport.

Are you grossed out yet? I hope not.

Hubs was a champ and held my hair back. Thanks hubs. I threw up my guts and then some, and shortly before 1 am, I stopped. Need to leave for the airport in 12 and a half hours. I am beyond exhausted and still nauseous, but comforted by the fact that I've probably lost several pounds. Silver lining folks... look for it.

I tried to sleep and for a few hours I was successful, but each time I opened my eyes I was staring at the one load of laundry I didn't finish that had our choir t-shirts in it. T-shirts that needed to be clean and packed in our carry on. T-shirts that for the love of all that is pure and good would NOT let me sleep in my weakened state because they were NOT clean and ready to be packed.

Mum to the rescue to wash the blessed shirts so I can finally stop thinking about them, finish packing, and close my eyes for what had to have been the best nap in the history of all other naps in the universe.

I wake feeling yucky but not pukey. I shower. I burn my cheek with the curling iron. Really, at this point, I just have to laugh at things. It's now 20 minutes until we have to leave for the airport and 3 hours until take off.

Let's Roll.

(At this point in the story I'm going to shorten things a bit to get to the good stuff which are the pics from our first day at Disney.)

Flight was great. Girls acted like it was the most normal thing they'd ever done. O had a window seat, got a bit freaked out by the whole 'flying' thing, and then ended up enjoying it by the time we were over the city and could see all the lights. The most eventful part of the flight happened during a bit of turbulence when the seat belt light was on and we were told not to get up for any reason whatsoever. As you know, a 3 year old's bladder decides when it needs to go and when it needs to go IT NEEDS TO GO, so we were given permission to move quickly to the back so that Eliza could, ummm, go. Ever been in an airplane bathroom? There's barely room for one small child, let alone one small child and one fairly tall adult. Now picture that fairly tall adult trying to make a nest of toilet paper on a potty the size of my hand, then hoisting my small child onto this hand-sized potty, and then leaning over her to wipe her small child-sized booty. In turbulence.

I hit my head on the wall 4 times. Hard. Add that to the list of things I'm ok with never doing again.

And now, a few of my fave pics from our first full day at the most magical place on earth.

I wish I had time to talk about each of the things we did today and how the kids reacted and what we loved the most, but it's crazy late and I had that whole vomiting thing recently. We're heading to MGM tomorrow and I know it's Hollywood Studios now, but I'll always call it MGM, mmkay? 

I hope you all have a magical day...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...