Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Break induced laziness

Good GRIEF, the loss of an hour followed by a week off has done a number on our schedule. Spring Break usually equals sleeping super-late at our house, but losing an entire hour last weekend has equaled "I need to at least wake the kids by noon..."

sheesh

I honestly don't remember 'Springing forward' being this bad last year, and don't get me wrong- I love late mornings with no school and no where to be and as much time as I'd like to lay in bed and play angry birds without interruption,
but,
getting back to an early-morning school schedule next week is scaring the tee outta me right now.

Moving on.

As much as I wanted to take it easy and be lazy and have a productivity level of zero this week, I still managed to do 6 loads of laundry, sell a ton of the kids 'much too small' clothing, and make my bed.
Once.

I also spent 20 minutes scrubbing grits off of a 1-year old who refuses help at the table now...




went to see the Southeastern premiere of The Color Purple at the Bama Theatre.
It was amazeballs.




cooked grits AND eggs for what I'm sure was pretty much the first time ever.
Grits all the time, but never with eggs.

Any other Southern folks out there? Holla!

went thrifting and bought this amazingness for 1.98-



but did not buy this amazingness for 6.98.
However tempted I may have been...



I also had an awesome girl's night out on Tuesday, took some photos for a friend on Wednesday, bought and then returned a piece of furniture after realizing it was much too gargantuan for the space I had, and enjoyed some of this gawgeous sunshine we've been having with the kiddos.

As for the furniture,
I have a project in mind that is going to be awesomesauce if I can just find the right piece. I'll post more details when I come across something that will work, but I've designed the piece in my head and now I just need to find it. Anyone else do that? Draw exactly what you want in your mind and then head out in search of your fantasy furniture? Please say yes so I'll feel less wierd about it...

Happy Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...