Friday, October 8, 2010

A few things....

just finished seeing this movie with some friends tonight. No one's going to win any acting awards for this, but I really enjoyed it. I laughed out loud.....a LOT. I cried. A LOT. If you have children, this movie will make you want to run, not walk, to grab them up and love on them after you see it. The award for the funniest character goes to Melissa McCarthy (Sookie on Gilmore Girls) for some fabulous one-liners, and I was excited to see Christina Hendricks (Joan on Mad Men), although her role is short-lived. Literally. All in all.....good, funny, romantic comedy with some deepness to it. (image from Fandango)
Here we are after the show- Jennifer, Jamie, Melanie, Jennifer, Kara, and Me
This was our morning. SO thankful to have the day off. Here's all 3 kiddos watching Sesame Street. (that's super Grover....just in case you didn't know)
Pulled this out today after Eliza kept wanting to play in my REAL jewelry and she LOVED it. I mean, really loved it. These were all the rage when I was in elementary school- I remember collecting the charms and talking with my friends about which ones we had and which ones we wanted.....we were so cool. (still are, actually) They were pretty much the silly bandz of the mid-eighties. She loved looking at each charm....when she came across the baby bottle, she drank it. Then offered it to me, cause she's sweet like that. Loved watching her have so much fun with something from my own childhood. Very cool.


Finally put some fishing line through my awesome "Got Candy" banner and hung it on the mantle. Not bad for a free project, huh? All it took was a little brown packing paper (you know the kind that comes on the giant roll? Sold at Hobby Lobby in the framing dept and Target on the aisle with the packing tape and boxes), some letters I printed off of the computer (mine are the monogram letters from House of 3, but you could also use any from Word), a little dab of glue from my super-duper mini glue gun, and some fishing line. The base is strips of paper about 3 inches wide and 3 1/2 feet long, folded like a fan and then glued together at the ends to make a circle. Then just glue your letters on top of that, and Voila! You have a banner! (Also picked up some new leaves/berries from Hob Lob today for 50% off. They're in the black vase on the end. Love em.)

I caught Eliza making faces in the trash can today. Priceless.

Sometimes things just take my breath away. This is Oliver's current work in progress at his art station on the dining room table.
Such sweetness.








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...