Tuesday, October 19, 2010

going, going, gone....

I have a 5 year-old who is now minus 1 tooth. How cute is that smile? I mean, it was already cute, but oh.that.gap.
Pure cuteness.


Where is the tooth? How did he lose it? Is he excited to put it under his pillow? Well, the answers are, "No idea", "No idea", and "nah....not really". That's right. It seems that I am WAY more excited about this whole, "I lost a tooth thing" than my child. He comes to my classroom after school today and very casually announces that his tooth is gone. "Wow!" I think to myself. "How exciting!" I quickly look around his neck to check for the big tooth container that the nurse gives out to all the kids at school who lose a tooth. You know the ones? They actually hold the tooth inside. (so cool) Anyways....it's not there. (Hmm, I thinks to myself. Could it be in his pocket?)

Me: Well where is it? Let me see!

Oliver: I don't have it.

Me: What do you mean, you don't have it? Is it in your pocket?

Oliver: No

Me: Well where did you lose it?

Oliver: I don't really know

Me: How can you not know when your tooth came out??

Oliver: I just felt in my mouth and it wasn't there

Me: were you eating lunch when you noticed it gone

Oliver: nah

Me: were you on the playground?

Oliver: yes! I think it came out on the playground!

Me: (devastated because I now know there's no hope of finding it. None. Okay, maybe a teeny tiny hope. No wait, .....nope. There's none. ) okay....well, can you show me where you were when you noticed it gone?

Oliver: okay-

We walk to the playground where he tells me that he was either on the United States or America (either one) on the blacktop OR that he was on the actual playground part which is covered in pea gravel. (pea gravel, little rock things, .......whatever)

If you need to get in touch with me, I'll be sifting through the gravel out there looking for a tooth.

had to include a pic of this cutie who happens to be hanging out with me at the moment.

Hope you all are having a fab monday.
Guess we might write a letter to the tooth fairy tonight.
maybe.




1 comment:

April said...

Haaa! That's too funny!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...