Monday, October 4, 2010

weekend recap

So...this actually took place Thursday. Mary Martin had her 4-month check up. Here she is with Dr. Joseph (love her) and as you can tell, she was no longer to keen on being poked and prodded. She was all smiles until the blasted ear-lookey-in thingy. (know what I'm talkin about?) Anyway, she clearly didn't want anyone poking around in her ears, so from that point on, she was NOT a happy camper. (the fact that she had to get 2 shots and an oral vaccine didn't help either) She fell asleep waiting on the nurses to give her the shots. Poor baby....
Friday night we went to dinner at Fernando's Mexican restaurant with all 3 kiddos and a majority of the cast of Hairspray. Fun times and good food..... what more could we ask for? Eliza ate her weight in rice and beans which made for a pretty gnarly diaper the next day, but..... whatcha gonna do?
here's part of our party of 20+ people...


Joey and Alisha Lay


Johnathon Lyons and Katie Hicks




Friday (Oct 1) Holt High School had an alumni luncheon where my Dad, his brothers and sister were all honored with the alumni of the year awards. SO glad I was able to rearrange some classes to be there. They were each introduced with quite a hefty list of accomplishments, and I couldn't help but think how proud my grandparents would have been seeing all of their children recognized in such a way.




Friday night, I picked up my new glasses. Now, i know this hardly seems newsworthy, but I haven't had NEW glasses in 13 years. No, that's not a typo.... I actually did mean to type 13. That's right folks, the last time I bought glasses, I was 17 and a junior in high school. Since I really only wear them at night, I've gotten by with the old ones for so long, BUT, I just spent 3 weeks without any contacts and HAD to wear those glasses to read, drive, and just see in general, so it was time. I really like them. They are transitions, and for those of you who don't wear glasses, this means that they will (semi) become sunglasses when I'm outside and it's sunny, but "normal" glasses any other time. (this makes me feel a little bit uppity, not even gonna lie. also....the commercial for transitions lenses is pretty glamorous. Lots of 'pretty' people who all just happen to have bad eyesight. Have you seen it?)




Late Friday night my friend Courtney and her husband Thomas welcomed their first baby girl into the world. I went Saturday morning to see them and she is GORGEOUS. Miss Lucy has a FULL head of beautiful dark hair! I didn't get a good pic of her because I turned the flash off. Didn't want to startle....
Congrats Thomas and Courtney!!!




Alabama beat Florida. BIG time. We watched the game at Kent and Mary Katherine's house Saturday night (sorry for the blurry tv pic) and it was pretty late when we drove home.




We had 2 out of 3 kiddos fast asleep before we were home. Eliza somehow managed to stay awake...



Sunday was also a beautiful day, a little cooler....
We ate lunch at Mannie and Grandaddy's after church. Not sure how i managed to not take a single pic.
Hmmmm.........
PTO concert tonight at school with 2nd graders and Taco Night at Carol and Ed's. Happy Monday everyone!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...