Friday, May 18, 2012

Flashback Friday

It's Friday, and you know what that means...

time to dig into the past and show the internets some vintage goodness.

This week, we celebrated 3 years of Eliza and since I wasn't blogging back when I was birthing babes, I thought I'd share with you how petite I was.


This picture was taken on May 14, 2009.
I was scheduled to be induced the next morning, so I had a final voice lesson with one of my students who was a graduating senior. Elaine was so sweet, she didn't even make a face as she stood next to my monstrous form.
She just smiled.
Fast-forward just a few short hours and one crazy-fast car ride to the hospital, and baby girl is in my arms Because sometimes, when we make plans, God points at us from heaven and laughs.

**Eliza's birth story is a post in itself, so I'll save those details for later. For now, let's observe a few things from the picture.**

That XL maternity shirt is stretched to its limits and I can assume that if shirts could talk, it'd be crying, saying,"Really? REALLY?? What did I ever do to you??" At this point, I was down to 2 shirts and 1 pair of pants that fit. Thank goodness it was summer and my fat sausage-like feet would squeeze into a pair of flip-flops.

Perhaps I should've stood behind Elaine so as to not completely cover her up.

My favorite thing about being pregnant was when strangers would stop me and ask how many were in there.

I assure you that there are no marshmallows stuffed in my cheeks.

This is what happens when you spend 9 months saying, "I'm eating for two", and then you eat your food and everyone else's at the table. Then you eat you family too, because you're still not full.

***

This week also marked the 37th anniversary of my parents- "Happy day to you, Tim and Phyllis!" I can't tell you what a blessing it is to have parents who are still married to each other, unless YOUR parents have been married for that long cause then you'd KNOW how awesome it is.

Here they are. My parents in all of their 1974 glory. 
No, they're not on the movie set of Beach Blanket Bingo, although my dad does favor the character of Bonehead quite a bit. (hat on the beach?- check. Cut-off's?- check.)

Doesn't Tim have killer legs?

Doesn't Phyllis have killer abs?

Love you both! Happy 37 years to you! I pray that someday, hubs and I will be celebrating 37 years!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...