Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's sum-sum-sum-sum-sum-sum-summertime

It's official. I'm now on Summer....time.

The 'school' alarm on my phone has been switched to off.

I'll be snoozing when the sun comes up instead of showering, drying my hair, straightening my hair, trying on clothes until I land on anything remotely 'slimming', throwing makeup at my face, and furiously trying to get O to eat his breakfast. And put a snack in his backpack. And brush his teeth. And tie his shoes.

Yessireebob.

Snoozing.

And since I don't want that to come across as a 'nanny nanny boo boo' to you, I'm only stating it because, for the majority of the year, this is not the case. I spend far too much time away from my babes than with them during the school year and I'm ecstatic that today, instead of missing them, I'll be with them.

And it makes me smile.

Even though today is our first FULL day of summer, we kick-started things off yesterday with some car washing in our bathing suits,


and I even squeezed in a little thrifting.




No, I didn't buy this frame. I'm only sharing the picture with the internets to point out that someone did, in fact, donate their grandparents to America's Thrift Store on Skyland. Who would do such a thing?

I'll be sharing the spoils of that trip soon, but in the meantime, you can rest assured that I probably won't be coming out of my pjs anytime soon and you can bet your sweet bippy that I'll be enjoying some Sesame Street today. And maybe some driveway chalking. Or some fingernail painting. Most definitely some book reading. And probably some light saber fighting. And who knows what else...

And tomorrow? Well I'll be back then too, because someone here had a birthday this week, and some baby tooshy's are just too cute not to share...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...