Thursday, February 24, 2011

six years old

today you are  six.
you are ready,
I am not.

You've been counting down the months, weeks, days until we reached the 24th, and now it's here.

I woke you up this morning with a Star Wars lego set, which you spent the rest of the morning talking about.
So excited.
You can't wait until your party.
Awesomeness is headed our way on Saturday.

At six years old you are:

reading all.the.time (I love it)
the sweetest big brother
such a helper to daddy and me
still loving Star Wars
loving pizza and chicken
(not so keen on veggies as of late)
loving to spend the night at your grandparents
loving school and your friends there
but,
most importantly,
you are loving God and you say the sweetest prayers everyday.
(There is nothing quite like hearing sweet prayers from your children)

Daddy and I love you so much, Oliver.

Happy birthday, bud!

(all photos by Erin Schmidt photography)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...