Tuesday, February 21, 2012

meet Matilda Jane

or perhaps you already know her well.
If you already know the awesomeness that is Matilda Jane clothing, then raise your hand.

okay, thank you. You can put your hands down.

If you're hearing about Matilda Jane for the first time today, then please raise your hand.

Okay. Great. Then allow me to introduce you two...


 Matilda Jane Clothing offers fabulous pieces for little girls (and boys), as well as tweens, teens, and grown-up gals.



I attended a trunk show for this line a few weeks ago, and I'll be honest, I don't usually go ga-ga over clothes. Come to think of it, it's been a while since I went ga-ga over anything, besides Downton of course, but this was an exception.

Why, you ask?

Well, I'll tell you.

Not only are the clothes cute, quirky, and incredibly well-made, but most of the pieces are also made to be mixed and matched together. The ruffle pants I bought for Eliza also work underneath the dress that I bought for Mary Martin. The dress I bought for myself (far left of the photo above) looked great with a cardi and boots, but I'll also be able to wear it this spring/summer with sandals. Each of the pieces is so versatile, and the colors/patterns of each of the collections is truly unique and unlike anything I've seen before. Especially the knot dresses for the little girlies. LOVE the different fabrics/colors spliced together to make a single garment. Pure genius.

So why am I going on and on about these clothes?

I'm so glad you asked.

I'll be having a trunk show at my house in two weeks for any of you locals who'd like to come and have a look for yourself. I loved the fact that I was able to actually touch the clothing and try it on before I bought a single piece of it. I also loved that I was able to pick the correct sizes for my girls since I wasn't familiar with this clothing. It runs pretty true to size, btw. Even if you're not local and would still like to purchase items, there's a way to do that too. I'll be glad to set you up with my 'trunk keeper' so that you can be a virtual party guest. Also, and this is BIG, if you're just meeting Matilda for the first time today, (just as I did a few weeks ago) you might not be aware of her popularity. Well lemme tell ya, she's popular. SO popular that there is a facebook fan page for "Matilda Jane addicts" where gals post items for sale as well as list items they'd like to buy once their little ones have outgrown a piece and they need a larger size. There's also eBay. Ohhhhh eBay. I dare you to type 'Matilda Jane' into the search bar, dare you. Not only do most used items sell for 75-90% of their original purchase price, some particularly scarce/hard to find items sell for even more. So just think, you buy your littles or yourself some pretty duds and within several months or a year, they've outgrown them or you decide that maybe it's time for your dress/cardi/skirt to find a new home, you'll recoup most of the moolah you spent on those pieces in the first place.
Nice, huh?
There's also a new line introduced each Spring in 3 seperate launches (Feb, March, and April) and the newest collection, Serendipity, will have new pieces on the 1st of March. The trunk show at my house is March 2, so yay for getting a first look at the new goods!

I also need to mention the accessories, because I've decided to do something a little unconventional. Or maybe it's totally conventional, not sure...

As most of you know, I make hair accessories and sell them from my house as well as on etsy, and after taking a look at the clothing, I decided I would whip up several headbands, hair clips, and pins that would coordinate with several of the pieces in the collection. I'll have all of my items for sale during the trunk show as well so that you can dress your little gal or yourself from head to toe. I'll also have new pillow covers, camera strap covers, and banners in the shop in new 'Springy' colors. I've been a sewing machine lately. Okay, that doesn't work since that's an actual thing...let's try maniac. I've been a sewing MANIAC lately. Yes, much better.

I'll also have food.
Free food.
Free yummy food.

You can check out all of the Matilda Jane goodness HERE on their site, and here's your official invite:
hey, that rhymed....


March 2, 2012
4:00-6:00

For more info, you can contact me at Funnygirl33180(at)aol(dot)com

Happy Tuesday!







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...