Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Help


Have you read it?
I finished it yesterday and can't quit thinking about it.
Things that take place in the book (in the 50's and 60's) seem so unthinkable to me, not having been alive then, and yet...
things like that really happened.

I recommend you read it.
It will make you think.
It might also make your insides hurt,
it did mine.
It may also make you cry,
I did.

I'd like to think that if I had lived during these times, I'd have been brave like Skeeter. You bet your sweet bippy I'll be at the theatre to see this when it opens next week. I only hope the film sticks closely to the book. I've seen too many movies alter the original stories in the books they're based on.

If you've read this, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Did you despise Hilly as much as I did?
I've never wanted to punch a fictional character in the face before...

***
Don't forget-
Today's the LAST day to enter to win 2 chevron pillow covers!
Leave a comment with your favorite movie HERE,
and good luck!

I'll choose a winner on random.org tonight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...