Thursday, August 18, 2011

thrifty finds

Did a lil' thrifting on Saturday.
The thrift store was the MOST crowded its ever been when I've been there, which made for difficult maneuvering of a double stroller.
Needless to say, we didn't stay long, but I did manage to grab a few goodies before escaping the madness of the crowd-

Love finding a good read for not a lot of money.
Here's what I brought home:

1. Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes
2. True Believer by Nicholas Sparks
3. The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
4. I Remember Nothing by Nora Ephron
5. The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning
6. The Beatles by Bob Spitz 
7. The Shabby Chic Home by Rachel Ashwell
9. A Continual Feast by Jan Karon


Also picked up these two glass domes and this fabulous white pitcher.


After leaving the thrift store, the kids and I headed straight for the mall. About 3 seconds after stepping into Belk, I saw this on a display table-


Can you guess what my next DIY will be?
Not sure how I'd go about recreating that silver stand, but there are a few pieces I'll be looking for to create something similar.
BTW- the glass domes I picked up at the thrift store were 1.48 and 1.98. The price of the piece you see above (which is Arthur Court) is $65.
Looking forward to knocking it off on a budget.

So....
have any of you been thrifting lately?
Find any goods you'd like to share?
Are you a book fiend like me?
Did anyone else out there love watching Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic as much as I did?
Do tell.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...