Did a lil' thrifting on Saturday.
The thrift store was the MOST crowded its ever been when I've been there, which made for difficult maneuvering of a double stroller.
Needless to say, we didn't stay long, but I did manage to grab a few goodies before escaping the madness of the crowd-
Love finding a good read for not a lot of money.
Here's what I brought home:
1. Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes
2. True Believer by Nicholas Sparks
3. The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
4. I Remember Nothing by Nora Ephron
5. The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning
6. The Beatles by Bob Spitz
7. The Shabby Chic Home by Rachel Ashwell
8. The Shabby Chic Treasure Hunting and Decorating Guide by Rachel Ashwell
9. A Continual Feast by Jan Karon
Also picked up these two glass domes and this fabulous white pitcher.
After leaving the thrift store, the kids and I headed straight for the mall. About 3 seconds after stepping into Belk, I saw this on a display table-
Can you guess what my next DIY will be?
Not sure how I'd go about recreating that silver stand, but there are a few pieces I'll be looking for to create something similar.
BTW- the glass domes I picked up at the thrift store were 1.48 and 1.98. The price of the piece you see above (which is Arthur Court) is $65.
Looking forward to knocking it off on a budget.
have any of you been thrifting lately?
Find any goods you'd like to share?
Are you a book fiend like me?
Did anyone else out there love watching Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic as much as I did?