Tuesday, November 9, 2010

catching up...

So....the hubs has been on nights for the last 4 days which means I've been hangin with my kiddos (and not blogging). I LOVE spending time with the babes, but oh how I miss the hubs when he's not here and I have to go about the parenting alone. We did have a pretty fabtastic weekend though. Did a lot of lyin' around... (sometimes you need to keep your sword nearby, ya know....just in case)
I pulled out my thanksgiving decor, or what little decor I can actually call 'thanksgiving', BUT, I've found some cute, SIMPLE projects that I'm hoping to finish up in the next few days. Pics coming soon. For now....I've got my little Indians. They were a FREE door prize I won at our Thanksgiving luncheon at school last year. I totally scored.

Falling back an hour may seem like a GOOD thing, but if you have kiddos, it just means you need to prepare yourself to be up an hour EARLIER the next morning. All 3 were in the bed with me by 7:30 am Sunday. Just look at that sweet big brother helping out little sis with her bottle.

Sunday afternoon I actually got some Christmas shopping done (yippee!) and Sunday night I played around with the self timer on my camera. Fun stuff.

After I fed the big kiddos, it was time to try cereal for the first time with MM. (note to self: in lieu of a regular bib next time, just cut a hole in a tarp and place around baby's head. Big mess, huge mess, GIGANTIC mess, all over her and the table and me.... you'd think she was my first kid or something)



Last night we ate at my in-law's house. Yummy funeral casserole, but no one died (that we knew). It's just a yummy concoction of noodles and meat and cheese and I'm sure a few other things that my MIL usually makes to carry to a family when someone has died, hence the name. We had a little twister action going on after supper.
This is Kent, the hubs bro, and E and O. Of course, E was just copying what she saw everyone else do. She's smart like that.

Here's Paw Paw Ed, MM, and Mary Katherine (my sis-in-law). Yes, we have the same name. We are super-cool people. It does get a tad confusing though when you go to vote and they try to convince you that you are, in fact, the Mary Katherine Mathews that lives in Moundville, even though you know that you are, in fact, the Mary Kathryn Mathews that lives in Tuscaloosa.

O decided he would call the game so Kent and MK could play. It's okay though, they're married. (seriously, all you single ladies out there- just have a big twister party a-la Carrie Bradshaw in the episode with Bon Jovi. Anyone else seen that SATC?)

White Maw Maw and MM enjoying the twister fun...

which brings us to today. This little cutie was in my lap as I started typing, so I shot a pic with my iphone app, Shake it photo. I seriously recommend this to all you iphone carriers because it automatically adds a photoshop-ish effect to your photos, not to mention the white border around the whole thing. I usually only go for the free apps, and I think this one actually costs a buck, but it's worth every penny. (and sorry I got so much of my boob in the shot. I really only wanted to get MM, but it's difficult to take the shot with the phone aiming at yourself and try not to get yourself in it...)

The hubs is finally off nights and was able to eat lunch with O today at school. (Did I mention that I missed him?) When we came home, he was hard at work filling in a massive hole/slopey-down-place in our driveway. I LOVE it when he tackles big projects like this. He's quite manly.

Even though he struck a pose like this just seconds later. Mr. Brent was helping out.

And...one last thing. Stopped at that antique store on the way home yesterday because I kept thinking about this hideous mirror that I just KNEW I could turn into something pretty. It was marked $20, but again- it was 20% off, so I got a pretty big framed mirror for $16. Here's a before 'ugly' shot, and hopefully soon I'll have a pretty 'after'. (and aren't you digging O's awesome Spiderman place mats?)

I'm off to make something creative for dinner with fruit loops, frozen broccoli, some uncooked pasta, and some peanut butter. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I recommend turquoise... it makes everything pretty :-)

mary kathryn @ mathews family happenings said...

I totally agree with the turquoise. I'm planning a trip to the hob lob tonight since I currently only have blk and white spray paint.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...