Wednesday, November 10, 2010

what I wore Wednesday and other randomness...

to start, I'd like to say goodbye to a dear friend.

Little Canon PowerShot, you have been with me for almost 3 years now. In my purse, on my wrist, in my hand. You've seen a lot of things in your time little camera, and I'd sincerely like to apologize for dropping you for the 174th time yesterday. I think I finally 'did you in', as Eliza Doolittle would say. So, little PowerShot, I am truly sorry. Please know that I will miss you. I will miss having to tape your battery door shut after breaking that a year ago. I will miss your little beeps and flashes. I will miss your shiny silver color. Goodbye, friend. Goodbye.

In other news.... I figured out how to work the timer on my SLR Olympus. Aren't I clever? So here's my WIWW pic. (If you'd like to know where this idea came from, I'm linking up with Lindsey over at the Pleated Poppy. It's her brainchild.)
top- Karen Kane (top was orig 68, but I scored it for 14 last week at Belk)
tank- The Limited
sweater- The Limited
pants- The Limited
fab flippy-floppies- Steve Madden (purchased in NYC, because doesn't that make them better?)
ring- hospital jewelry sale
and don't you love that I'm posing next to my beautiful, yet hardly used stove?

close-up of the ring, and I promise I do have a thumb.

close-up of the flippy-floppies.

other randomness...
isn't this little girls room the cutest? I'd link to the source, but I can't for the life of me remember where I found this.



And....I think I'm going to make our Christmas stockings this year. Ours are all mismatched and none are even that pretty, so.....I've searched etsy for come cute ideas. Here's one...

I'm thinking burlap.

3 comments:

April said...

i totally 100% decided to make our stockings this year too! im thinking...burlap or linen (with doilies on mine!!) i love the one you have on here! its super cute! do you know where i can get a pattern for the stocking part though?

oh and i think we really and truly are kindred spirits. i hope my family can be as super cool as yours is one day...

-april

Unknown said...

My mom made all of our stockings out of burlap sacks! They're HUGE :-) and very unique

mary kathryn @ mathews family happenings said...

yay for the burlap love! Jen, I'm loving that your mom made yours too. And April- thank you for your sweet comment! I think doilies would make the perfect accent to the burlap. I'd love to see a pic when you finish yours!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...