Monday, January 17, 2011

weekend recap

how was your weekend friends?
I feel like mine is still going since we're out of school.
Happy MLK day everyone!

the hubs surprised me by ripping down the crown molding in the kitchen. If you've been reading the blog for a while, you know it's one of our goals to update the crappy lookin dated room with new counter tops, cabinets, and lots and lots of white paint.

well...the ball is rolling,my friends.
the ball is rolling.
the handy hubs

we had lots of play time on Saturday.
E loves the dollhouse she got for Christmas.

Saturday night, we went to our friends house for some chili and some wii. The Hocutt's go to church with us and have 3 girls, one of which is Oliver's age.

Here's Jamie showing Oliver how it's done. He was very excited about this new fangled gadget called the 'wii'.
(we don't own one, but I'm hoping to change that soon...
hear that, hubs?)

Anna and O playing Mario Cart

 Sunday afternoon, O and I went on a date to the Bama Theatre to see Mary Poppins. Yes, we've both seen it a hundred times, but there's just something about watching one of your faves on the big screen. He LOVED it. Bounced up and down in his chair to the music and still gasped when their carousel horses came OFF of the carousel.

Of course I took a pic of the screen.
Did you think I wouldn't?

And if you know me, you know I love an awards show.
The Golden Globes were on last night, and while there was plenty of eye candy to look at (dresses, not men) it just solidified the fact that I haven't seen many movies in the past year. Inception was about the only one I've actually seen that was nominated and that's because the hubs loves it and bought it immediately.
I'm really wanting to see Black Swan soon.
Who's with me?
love that Natalie Portman.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...