Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gettin Yo Craft On....

Hey hi my friends! Hope you're having a great day!
This post is all about the crafty goodness that's been going on with YOU. I've had so many friends tell me about the pretties that they've made, so here's a peek at what's been sent to me so far. Enjoy! AND....if you've made one of the crafts featured on the blog and would like to share, please send in a pic. I'd love to see it!
________________________________________________________________
Erin Schmidt
She said these were inspired by the Wizard of Oz. I love all the green!
_________________________________________________________________

Christa Morris
Love the alternating colors. So pretty!


and here's her wreath...
Roll Tide, ya'll.
(and note to self...must make houndstooth rosette pin. Super cute.)
________________________________________________________________

Amy Sims
Love love this fabric. I need a skirt like this pronto.
Also love the bases she used. Pretty pretty.
__________________________________________________________________



Lacey Simpson
I love that she painted the tops and bases black. Those look fab on the white mantle.
Also love her tree bases as well. So chic.

and her wreath...
Gorgeous rosettes!
_______________________________________________________________


Melanie (Brett) Shewmake
Love the poinsettias that give it a Christmasy vibe.
Is Christmasy a word? Oh well...
(Mel told me that Brett actually took over this project.
Brett- your wreath rocks. Seriously.)

_______________________________________________________________



Jennifer Hamilton
Love the rosettes paired with the poinsettia.
(Note to self...add leaves to my rosettes next time)

_________________________________________________________________

So...after I made the first two trees with ribbon, I went back and bought a much bigger one. Much bigger. I used the burlap and fabric left over from the stockings I made, and I actually attached them with straight pins this time. Worked so well and no burned fingers! I also stole Lacey's idea and used a wooden candle holder from Hob Lob as the base. I just painted it white and jammed my foam tree onto the top and secured with a lil glue.






And...just in case you missed it the first time, or just want to see it again and don't feel like getting into your car because it's super-cold, or maybe you live a gajillion miles away- allow me to save you the trip...
here's my hubs craftiness...


2 comments:

MELANIE said...

I feel so honored to have made the blog two days in a row! I have more pics for you. I just may be too sleepy tonight though. I'll get them to you asap.

Lacey said...

thanks for the shout out, MK!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...